Saturday, January 10, 2015

How would you solve the biggest problem in the world?

Recently I have been searching out different college options. My husband is searching out PHD programs and I'm starting to feel really lame for not even having my GED. It's been a little scary. I have not done math or biology in so long it's embarrassing. The biggest thing has been taking time to research and fill out applications for various online, local and accelerated degree programs. 

On one of the recent applications they asked the question, "What's the biggest problem in the world and how would you solve it?" I sat for almost an hour pondering that question. Below is the two paragraph response I sent back. I'm not sure if it helped my application process or was the answer they were looking for but it was an interesting question to ponder. 

     "Terrorism, ISIS, abortion, sex-trafficking, disease, famine and poverty could all be listed as the 'world's biggest problem'. I could also look at the lighter side of the world's issues and list healthcare and climate change. I could even go a step further and say that the biggest problem 'in the world' is technology. Technology separates us from real human interaction and gives us more information then we can process. But all of these problems come down to one key element, broken human beings.

     I can’t solve the 'world’s biggest problem'. There are days when I wish I was God and could call for Christ to return to earth and end all the misery. But I’m not God. What the world needs, what I need, is Jesus. I can’t touch lives, bring healing or change the direction of a soul, without Jesus. What I am going to do to help 'solve the biggest problem in the world'? I am going to seek Jesus, act justly, fight evil, love passionately, work with integrity and preach the gospel every chance I get."


Prayers appreciated as a continue to seek out higher education options!

1 comment: