Monday, July 14, 2014

Summit Day 7 & 8


Sorry for missing a couple days of posting! I now know how horrible it is to have a sick husband.  Jason's "day off" began Saturday evening as did his fever and chills. I spent the evening and into the night keeping him hydrated and resting. Thankfully by Sunday afternoon his fever had broke and he was feeling a lot better.

The other distraction from blogging is that my dear friend Laurie Jalbert from Florida has arrived to visit for a couple days. This is bringing much JOY to my heart. Laurie and I met six years ago at a conference in Chicago. Since then we have done numerous conferences and adventures together, maintaining a friendship from opposite coasts. Having her here is a blast!





Despite being sick most of the night Jason was determined to go out on a date. So on Sunday we managed to head down to Chattanooga. We sat in the perfect spot at Rembrandts drinking coffee and reading for a couple hours. Then we had amazing fresh mozzarella and calzones at Lupi's. 





Jason did the open forum with the students and then came home and announced, "Let's go to Huddle House!". I had never heard of or been to a "Huddle House". Basically it's a restaurant that is one step up from waffle house. It was great!



When the waitress found out it was my first time at a huddle house she made sure my strawberry waffle had a smiley face on it. Gotta love the south.

Looking forward to hearing Dr. Mike Adams today and catching up with my dear friend Laurie!

No comments:

Post a Comment