Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summit Tennessee

We are so excited to be here at Summit Tennesse for the next two weeks. It is my first time traveling and participating in a conference with the position of "Jason's wife". Jason is the faculty host for Summit Tennessee. He will be introducing speakers, starting the mornings off and engaging with students as much as possible. I have to admit, being the wife is pretty chill, I think I am going to like it.  



We drove straight from Minnesota to Tennessee yesterday. It took as a total of 18 hours. We left at 4am and arrived at 11pm. We are road trip rock stars. 





Summit Tennessee is being held at Bryan College which is Jason's alma mater. It's been fun to see the campus through his eyes. Getting to know the other Summit staffers has been great! They have been here prepping for the conference the last three days.  



 Jason has spent most of the day praying, thinking and writing notes on the Summit schedule. It's his job to help the conference flow smoothly and help the student's grasp the "bigger picture". Prayers appreciated as he tackles his new faculty role.




We spent a portion of this evening praying with the Summit staff over each of the 300+ student notebooks in the auditorium. 



I did a double take when they handed me our name tags. I still forget that I am "Elizabeth Poarch" and that I am from Minnesota. However, I do like having matching name tags. That makes me very happy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment