Monday, September 29, 2014

Surgery and Recovery


When I saw the neurosurgeon on Tuesday September 16th, I was hoping he would agree with my primary care doctor, the orthopedic/sports medicine doctor and say that I needed surgery. I was not disappointed. Not only did he agree I needed surgery, he wanted to do it the next day! I left planning to return in less then 24 hours for a discectomy. The rest of that Tuesday is a bit of a blur as I went to work and got stuff settled so I could be off, cleaned the house and prepped it for my return home and let family/friends know the surgery was happening.  


It was totally convenient that the hospital was under construction and thus had free valet parking. :)




What a blessing to have my dear friend Laura here in Minnesota! She and Jason were AWESOME. They kept me laughing and calm during the whole process. 


 My beautiful purple outfit, complete with socks and a hair net! I've never been in a surgical gown before. They are terrible. I'll be happy to never wear one again.



Jason was my rock through the whole process. How blessed am I to have such a wonderful husband and best friend. Laura snapped this picture while they were waiting for me. Poor guy had to wait for over five hours. I would have gone crazy.























For several days after the surgery all I did was sleep, wake up and smile at flowers and cards from friends and then sleep some more. I was pretty pathetic. Not able to go to the bathroom or do anything for myself. 

I am so glad those initial days are over! I am feeling better and stronger every day. The surgeon said recovery could take up to six weeks. It's been two weeks and I am back at work and able to go to the bathroom alone. :) It has been amazing watching how fast my body has healed. Thank you for all the prayers, text messages, phone calls, cards and words of encouragement! I know my recovery went so quickly because of all the love and support I had. 


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all went well, and you are feeling better! May God continue to bless you with strength!

    ReplyDelete