Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Cabin on Black Lake

While recovery from surgery I thought it would be a good time to catch up on some blog posts that I have been meaning to do.

The last week of August some dear friends allowed us to use their lake cabin in Michigan. This was perfect because Jason had a week break from teaching and it was also our four month anniversary. What JOY to spend several days basking in the sun and each other.


While on vacation we started and our first 1000 piece puzzle. It was a blast and we are going to have it framed as memorabilia from our first vacation




The cabin was right on the water and we were awed by amazing sunrises and sunsets. Jason got really good at starting fires with wet wood.




While on vacation we changed my Oregon license plate to a Minnesota license plate. It was a somber yet unifying moment. It is no longer "my" car but "our" car. I will admit that since changing the license plate I have missed my car twice in parking lots because I didn't recognize the plates.



One of the best moments from the vacation was when Jason took me out in a motor boat for our four months anniversary. We went from one side of the lake to the other and stayed on the water until Sunset. It was bliss.



I learned something about Jason while on this trip. The cabin came with kayaks, a motor boat and a super fast jet ski. Jason and I both had so much fun cruising around the lake on the jet ski. Unfortunately, Jason clipped the wing of a seagull and injured it. I was't sure if I should be touched or horrified that he brought it all the way back home to care for it. I do love Jason's tender heart! I just...don't like dirty birds. 

At the time we didn't know that September was going to be so crazy with the surgery. Looking back, I am so grateful we had this time together. It helped us to rest up and be unified for medical chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment